Friday, July 27, 2007

My First Friday Night Blogger Donkament...

Played in the Friday Night $1 rebuy Bloggerment. And true to its reputation, it was quite the donkarama, as the rebuy period was nothing short of crazy. Every hand had at least three people all in for the first half hour. Fortunately I was able to chip up very nice and held a chip lead for awhile. Kept a healthy stack throughout and made the final table in the top three. Unfortunately I had Waffles two to my right. But, this time he was nice enough on one hand to fold his bottom pair to my overpair, and let me stay alive.

Lost half my stack on a poorly played hand to Fishiswa... let him catch two pair with 57 against my A3 on a flop of A82. ... He had just min raised my big blind from the button, I call and catch top pair, but check like a pansy. (?) He bets the whole pot, and I make the right read that it's a bluff... and JUST call (?). The turn's a seven. And I again check l(?) and he checks behind. River's a 5 and I bet 1/2 pot (?)... he calls and I witness my idiotic play cost me half my stack.

Figure the whole table has me marked as weak after seeing the hand play out. And, I'm the short stack with 6 remaining. Top three pay. ($214 in the prize pool for just 24 players in a ONE dollar tourney! REBUY FRENZY!!!) But I was able to double back through Fishiswa when my JJ holds vs. AK. Then took him out when my 88 held up vs. hisA8. Now 5 seated. Similar stack sizes all around. My money's on Waffles to win, as I've already assumed he'll be getting all of my chips shortly. I may refer to him as a 'nemesis' in a derogatory manner, but he's no doubt a more-than-worthy adversary. In fact, he knocks Buddy Dank out in 5th, and we're on the bubble. With me as the short stack. Then my AT doubles through chipleader jeciimd's KT on a ten high flop. And the bubble burst when I take out jeciimd with KT vs JQ. ... I made the cash! 2 for 3. Congrats to Waffles and butchhoward for cashing. Tough break jeciimd.

3 seated... somehow I take the chiplead from Waffles when my cards run hot for a little while. Butch is a bit short, and I'm able to take him out with Ax vs. his KQ. ... AND, for the 2nd time out of 3 blogger tournaments I'm heads up against Waffles!!! (And remember, he stacked me at Riverchasers, and went onto cash... he's running hot.) But this time I hold the chiplead going into heads up. And... long story short... I WON!!!

Heads up I took most of his stack when he chose to represent the Ten (that I held) on a board of TT55x... he again "lol"s when he knows I caught him bluffing after I push him in... but this time he doesn't have outs and can't call to catch up with a lucky river card. A few hands later I'm able to finish him off, with the exact same situation that I was able to stack jeciimd with... my AT vs. KT on a T-high flop. Ship it!

Good game all! Another very entertaining blogger tourney, and more beginner's luck. Thanks for hosting Katitude! 'Til next time...
...I'm a talkin' donkey!
~RaisingCayne

6 comments:

Mr. Bankwell said...

Congrats on the win

SirFWALGMan said...

good job man. excellent final table.

Ingoal said...

Grats on the win...nice job! Cya next week...

Katitude said...

nicely done!

Wwonka said...

Congrats on the Win.
way to take down waffles.

Peace
wwonka
www.hammerlover.blogspot.com

pokertart said...

Congrats on the win!