In recognition of this minor blog milestone, and in keeping with the 'random ramblings' theme of this pointless website, provided below is an aimless listing of completely unrelated, desultory things on my brain:
- Was sent a link to a video that put me in a good mood the other day. If you have a few minutes, and need a smile, check it out. (But just for the record, ladies, contrary to some opinion I do NOT resemble the main figure in the video, as my dance repertoire is much much smoother!)
- This weekend is the 25th anniversary of the Tenino Motorcycle Drill Team's annual fundraiser biker rally, the Do Wa Diddy. I don't expect that to make any sense to anyone that reads this, as I've never previously mentioned my talented Father's awesome past time on here before, and don't want to explain more at the moment. But suffice it so say for now, there's a huge, wild, fucking awesome bash all day and night this Saturday. I look forward to it every year and anxiously await the weekend!
- The following Friday, July 18th, is the roommate's birthday. In celebration of the anniversary of this donkey's birth, a group of us are headed to Emerald Downs, to enjoy the pony races. I've never been before and am really looking forward to it. The lazy ass roommate (whom I really don't know why I bother linking to, given he never posts on his ghey ass blog,) hasn't e-mailed out the invite with details yet, but we do hope many others will consider joining us. Should be a great time.
- Still don't have television at home. Just can't bring myself to willingly sign up for another ~$50/month bill after stealing free cable for the last decade. It's sort of funny how little I've missed it after never imagining being able to live without it. The roommate is pissed about it though, so I'll likely have to give in to the very un-comcastic local service provider soon.
- Felt like shit last week, and spent the holiday weekend sick on my couch. I watched the entire first season of Magnum PI on DVD. Grew a mustache. Not on purpose, it just sort of sprouted as I watched the episodes, it was weird. That show rocks though. (And I'm starting to understand the Doc's love for the Ferrari.)
- Ran real deep in the $28k on FullTilt the other night, but it was just to drop out from a top ten stack in 50something place by running kings into aces. Rigged.
- Bought tickets for a weekend trip to San Francisco with a small group of friends in September. Not much of an itinerary, just a couple nights at cool locations celebrating some close friends' forthcoming nuptials.
- Definitely planning on being in Vegas in December over the weekend of the 13th, (someone has to dethrone the cocky current champ!)
Well, I hope all is well with you and yours. 'Til next time...
Zeus! Apollo! ...