Friday, April 25, 2008

If You Don't Have Anything Nice To Say...

... then don't say anything at all.

At least that's what I've been thinking. Not to appear to be making excuses for having a month go between posts, but my mama taught me better than to share negativity that didn't have any chance to reap benefit. So I've been figuring why would I bother posting on here when all I seem to have to say is a bunch of expletive filled whinings.? I'm not just referring to poker either, but I've been filling bummed out in every facet of my apparently inane existence lately. I never had the intention to share my depression though, so please pardon my persistent pessimism displayed here.

On the poker front... a quick perusal of the BBT3 Leaderboard clearly illustrates that I evidently suck! Haven't had one single final table appearance in 17 fucking tournaments!?!? WTF!? And while I mean no offense to those that may be running worse in this series, (and oh yeah, they're out there,) I don't think it's reasonable to blame any bad luck for such a persistent lack of success. My results are ridiculously disappointing and while 17 tourneys may be a small sample size, it's still enough to illustrate tendencies... and my tendency is to lose! I've had some really strong first two hour showings on a couple of occassions but just can't seem to last between the points bubble and the final table bubble!?. (Read: "at crunch time Cayne crumbles like a house of cards on a fault line.")

Last night's Riverchaser's game was a ridiculously disappointing example of my BBT results! Lost out in 11th place after running my flopped nut straight into Evy's top pair, and watching while a runner runner full house ends my night. (My QTo vs. her JTo on flop of 89J... all in on flop... turn J... river 8!?!) I'm not pointing any fault at my voluptuous villain here, as the hand really played itself before and on the flop: she hit top pair w/ OESD in a limped pot and was committed to call my all in after her 3/4 pot bet on the flop. I'm just still completely frazzled over losing in that spot, as the double up would've provided me with a top 3 stack at the final table bubble, and been my first solid shot at a TOC seat. But, like the majority of opportunities I've had to better my position, it never came to fruition. Anyway,... hopefully donking it up in this evening's $1 rebuy madness will change my poker mood, who knows.

In other news...
  • My best friend got married last weekend. And for a guy that's adamantly against the insitution of marriage, I sure do love a good wedding! Any experience to wear a tuxedo and dance like it's a High School's Homecoming is good times in my book. (Note: if you come across a performance on YouTube that looks like me doing the lawnmower, please don't advertise!)
  • The roommate's on vacation! While he's off on some wild golf adventure through the Southeast of the country I got the place to myself this week/weekend. ('Naked Friday' is back in effect... visit at your own risk!)
  • My employer recently announced the sale of our business to a competitor. While I've been informed that I will still have a position here in South Seattle through the acquisition transition, 'til at least next Summer, I'm afraid there's a very significant chance of my getting a job offer (read: ultimatum) to move to Tennessee within the next year.?! Ehh... que sera sera. We'll see.

Well, that's about it I suppose. Hope all is well with you and yours...

I would like to wish a congratulations to those individuals that really appear to be running well in the BBT3, as their respective perfomances really deserve recognition beyond my silent envy. (I'm green with jealous rage right now...) TuscaloosaJohn, Waffles, Lucko, Loretta, Corron, TwoBlackAces, jeciimd, hoyazo... seriously, well done thus far, and good luck going forward! This group appears to be playing head & shoulders above my weak ass, and the rest of the blogger brethren. I'll have to start paying more attention to their strategy posts I guess!?

'Til Next time...

I'm a talkin' donkey...

~RaisingCayne

4 comments:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Dude, it's your blog, say what you want. If you want to rant or whine or whatever, this is a good place to do it.

Whatever it is that's bugging you (aside from the poker front), I hope you feel better soon.

BamBam said...

RC..... 3 things,

1) Yes! It was great to see you at the tables last night.

2) NO ! There's not a chance in hell I'm coming over tonight!

3) Yes! now that I know you're in, I'll gladly Donk it up a little wit'cha.

Now GO ON .........

PUT SOME CLOTHES ON !!!!!!!

pokertart said...

Naked Fridays - also a benefit of marriage without kids.

Ross said...

From one donkey to another, nice blog!