I quit my job! ...
- A little while back I received my formal offer to transition to Memphis, TN, and suffice it to say, my employer was not willing to make it worth my while to consider a cross country relocation. Realizing my future wasn't in the organization, I lost the necessary motivation to dedicate myself to time in a cubicle, and decided to quit my job in favor of other opportunites.
- Provided 8 weeks of notice when I presented management with the news of my decision a few weeks back, and am working through the end of this month. My last day, fittingly, being this Halloween.
- Looking into a few different specific local opportunities, but updated my resume and just gettin' it out there in general as well. The future is really up in the air with no even vague plan yet reached. Que Sera Sera...
- Considering 'going pro' by just playing poker for a living. Yes, a ridiculous, laughably unreasonable idea, considering my four figure bankroll and all. But hey, a guy can dream!
- So... let me know if anyone's aware of a need for a lazy, unmotivated financial analyst in the area of South King County, WA. (I swear my resume is more selling.)
Went to San Francisco a few weeks back...
- Went with ten friends down to the Bay Area for a weekend adventure. Pretty fun city.
- Stayed in the most ghetto hotel I've ever passed out in. A buddy arranged the trip, and booked us at the 'Grant Plaza' in Chinatown. It was ridiculous. It didn't spoil the trip or anything, it was just hilarious how poor the accomodations were.
- My friends drink, a lot! Vacationing with them to states where hard liquor is sold on every corner is likely not a great idea for my liver. It was ridiculous how many bottles were bought and polished off immediately by simply being passed among us.
- Cocaine's a hell of a drug. Just for the record.
- "Exotic Asian Massage" establishments have nothing to do with massage. There wasn't a single Ashmead Degree in the place! One would think illegal brothels would go about their business a little more nonchalant, but evidently that's not the case. (Don't judge me!)
- Street performers sure are an odd lot. Crazy what some people will do to not have to "work" for a living.
- The San Francisco warf was real entertaining. Some great food choices, neat tour & activity options, plenty of killer shopping opportunities, etc.
- Unfortunately did not have opportunity to hook up with LJ, Lucko, or Bayne while in the same city as they were over the specific weekend. Hopefully I'll get to meet 'em in Vegas over the weekend of 12/13.
- For the record, taking co-ed vacations to celebrate forthcoming weddings is nothing like the traditional bachelor/(ette) party! My friends kept trying to refer to the trip as a bachelor/slash/bachelorette party... but this does not exist! I'm very confident that had I been in charge of the itinerary, the trip would've been a bit more memorable. But I digress.
My country, tears of thee...
- The proposed "bailout" that worked its way through legislation is the worst idea since I tried to patent the DVD-rewinder for video stores. It wholly defeats any remaining idea that this remains a laissez-fairre economy. Free market my ass! The government is attempting to charge taxpayers for the mistakes of a specific industry. Ridiculous. John Adams is turning over in his grave.
- I've always been a very liberal democrat in most all senses of the terms, and this bailout makes me sick! I'm damn near a Socialist in my basic idealogies and this level of government involvement in the economy seems despicable. A presidential candidate with any party label that would've stepped up and questioned this thing's logic could've won my vote.
- While I do hope Barack Obama is our next President, I again feel like my vote is simply picking between the lesser of two evils. But dude a better choice to me if only for the minor benefit of possibly salvaging some international respect for the US. After the last 8 years of that fucking monkey 'Dubbya' representing our masses, this seems necessary, and I'm afraid the rest of this world would see McCain as simply more of the same.
- Missed Al's "Bash" in favor of my San Fran adventure. All the many writeups out there make it sound like a great time was had by all. Maybe next year.
- Evidently a couple of bloggerment regulars had HUGE scores recently. Jamyhawk's buddy 'closerx5' took 3rd place in Full Tilt's Sunday $750k, for over $50,000!!! AND, sprstoner took down FTP's $109 rebuy for ~$58k!!! While I don't know either of these guys personally, it's still pretty freakin' cool to just know of their stories, and I can at least share in the excitement a little bit.
- Watched Ironman the other night. That movie Rocks!
- Tried to break up with that slut I've been sleeping with for awhile now, but, like George Costanza, evidently it didn't take. Despite my consistent, blunt, repetitive communications that I'm uninterested in any real relationship with her, she remains adamant that she'd still like whatever company I'm willing to offer. So yes... I'm going to a special place in hell for this one. ... Now I've got a gal coming over every other weekend, buying me pot, cleaning my house and preparing meals and shit, all between passionless sex sessions. (Don't judge me!)
Well, 'til next time...
Yes, that will be all, Ms. Potts,